Here’s a few simple things to remember when you are sitting at the piano to play…
1. Place feet on the floor, or on a stool. Do not cross your legs or tuck them under the bench.
2. Sit on the front half of the bench. This allows you to lean forward, and side to side as needed.
3. Elbows should be slightly in front of your side-line of center. (The seam that goes up the side of your shirt.)
4. Sit up tall and keep your back as straight as you can.
5. Open your shoulders. Be careful not to hunch up your shoulders as you concentrate.
6. Slightly lift your chin – so your eyes are looking straight ahead at the music.
Hope this helps!